Fattoria Le Pupille classic wine tasting experience
Here is what you will live
A succession of gentle hills watching over the majestic contour of the Monte Amiata. It’s precisely from one of these soft and sensual hills that the story of Fattoria Le Pupille begins and leads it to how it is seen today: a heterogenous reality. In the course of the years, the originating core of the winery effectively enriched itself of new grape particles, reaching today 75 hectares of vineyards, distributed like many mosaic pieces between many stunning areas of Maremma. Another 20 hectares are destined to the olives, and then cereals and cork oaks alternate with pastures reaching up to 420 hectares of overall property.
The operating nucleus of the property, from early 2000, is in proximity of Istia d’Ombrone, nearby Grosseto. The property is an antique farmhouse and its silhouette is present in some of the most recognizable wine labels of Le Pupille, the whole winery is surrounded by a 12 hectares vineyard, including a small patch destined to an experimentation of old Sangiovese grapes, coming from ancient vine rows.
With this classic wine tasting option you'll have the chance to taste 3 different wines
- Poggio Argentato - The first vintage bottled of this rich and mineral white was in 1997. A Cuvee of Sauvignon Blanc, Petit Manseng, Traminer and Semillon, Poggio Argentato presents itself as a white wine with a French sway within which the good structure, given by the territory of Maremma, is balanced by its acidity and minerality, and the elegance of northern vines.
- Morellino di Scansano - The Morellino di Scansano is the wine which better represents, as well in quantitative terms, Fattoria Le Pupille’s wine production. Since its first vintage – 1985, it had always been accompanying the winery as a full and constant expression of its territory.
- Riserva - The Riserva represents the roots of Fattoria Le Pupille. It is the first wine being produced and commercialized within the newly created Morellino di Scansano production disciplinary, paving the way to a profound bond with the appellation.
How to reach us
Booking Policy & Details
Min. 2 persons
How much does it costs?
Classic Wine Tasting: 18 € per person
- Greetings by the wine hospitality manager
- Winery tour
- Classic tasting of 5 wines