Sparkling wine tour at Coppo Winery
Here is what you will live
Visiting the corridors, passageways, and tunnels excavated in the tuff rock beginning in the 18th century, today listed as a UNESCO World Heritage you will learn how the production of Spumante using the Traditional Method (the same used for Champagne) started here in Canelli, for the first time ever in Italy.
You will find out how the Traditional Method (Metodo Classico) – unlike the Charmat Method – leads to a refermentation of the wine in the bottle and to the emergence of “subtle and persistent bubbles,” a trademark of the very best Champagne and Spumante.
You will experience the different degrees of complexity that characterize the three spumante Coppo Traditional Method wines. The energy of a Pinot Noir vinified as a single-variety, the delicacy of a rosé produced in small quantities with the “ancestral method” and the unique elegance of our Riserva, which is a spumante that challenges the passage of time. You will then finish on a sweet note, with as tasting of Moscato d’Asti. A sparkling, low-alcohol, unique and aromatic wine that embraces its most traditional and relevant expressions here in the Canelli subzone.
The tour ends with a tasting of Coppo’s most iconic bottle-fermented sparkling wines:
- Luigi Coppo Spumante Brut Metodo Classico
- Clelia Coppo Spumante Brut Rosé Metodo Classico Millesimato
- A Licia Alta Langa Spumante Brut Metodo Classico Millesimato
- Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti DOCG Canelli
How to reach us
Booking Policy & Details
Min. 2 persons
How much does it costs?
30 € per person
- Greetings by the wine hospitality manager
- Tour of the underground wine cellars, a Unesco World Heritage site
- Tasting of 4 Coppo’s most iconic bottle-fermented sparkling wines