Wine tasting experience at Umberto Cesari
Here is what you will live
Located in Castel San Pietro Terme, among the hills that dominate the landscape of the ancient Via Emilia on the border between Emilia and Romagna, this winery was founded in the early 60’s by Umberto Cesari and his wife Giuliana. As one of the first wine makers in Emilia-Romagna to believe in the potential of the Sangiovese grape, Cesari has been faithful in his commitment and today is known as a Master of Sangiovese. Nowadays, the winery extends over 335 hectares,175 hectares of which are proprietary and includes 8 estates – Claterna, Casetta, Parolino, Ca’ Grande, Laurento, Liano, Miravalle and Tauleto.
Umberto Cesari partners with notable, local companies including Ferrari and Lamborghini. The winery’s connection to the art world is demonstrated through the Umberto Cesari Art Contest started in 2011 with the intention of promoting emerging artists and new talent by offering them the opportunity to create a new label for the MOMA range, which was originally labelled with a piece by Giorgio Morandi, one of the most noteworthy Italian painters of the 20th century.
The Tauleto label (90% Sangiovese Grosso, 10% Bursona Longanesi), one of the wineries most important wines, won the title of Best Sangiovese in the world at the WSC in London in both 2003 and 2007.
Umberto Cesari opens up the world of Sangiovese in Emilia-Romagna to you through four unique wine experiences. Discover the stunning beauty of this estate and the family’s rich heritage of winemaking with two different options:
This tour features a brief walk in the vineyards, a guided tour of the winery, and the ageing cellar where you will enjoy an illustrated explanation of how Umberto Cesari wine is made. You will then enjoy a tasting of three wines in the wine shop.
- Cà Grande Romagna DOC Sangiovese Superiore paired with a mousse of Mortadella Palmieri served with different kinds of bread.
- Laurento Romagna DOC Sangiovese Riserva paired with “pink” salame, served with black bread, tangerine marmelade and Caciotta di Monte San Pietro cheese.
- Resultum Sangiovese Rubicone IGT paired with a special selection of Pecorino cheese (Pecorino Gran Cru di Grotta di Brisighella) and a bittersweet artisanal chocolate waffle.
This tour features a brief walk in the vineyards, a guided tour of the winery, and of ageing cellar where you will enjoy an illustrated explanation of how Umberto Cesari wine is made. You will then enjoy a tasting of four wines in the wine shop.
- Liano Chardonnay Sauvignon Blanc Rubicone IGT paired with Prosciutto di Parma DOP (aged 18 months), Squacquerone di Romagna DOP cheese, caramalized figs, and classic white bread.
- Liano Sangiovese Cabernet Sauvignon Rubicone IGT paired with a potato and Parmigiano Reggiano flan.
- Tauleto Sangiovese Rubicone IGT paired with Parmigiano Reggiano (aged over 30 months), Bio Hombre cheese, and our Balsamic Vinegar (Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP).
- Resultum Sangiovese Rubicone IGT paired with with a special selection of Pecorino cheese (Pecorino Gran Cru di Grotta di Brisighella) and a bittersweet artisanal chocolate waffle.
How to reach us
Booking Policy & Details
Min. 2 persons
How much does it costs?
Superior tour: 35 € per person
Deluxe tour: 49 € per person
- Greetings by the wine hospitality manager
- Winery and cellar tour
- Wine tasting according the the option chosen