Classic wine tour & tasting at Michele Chiarlo Winery
Here is what you will live
Located in Calamandrana in the Monferrato area, Michele Chiarlo makes wines from some of Piedmont’s most prestigious crus: Cannubi and Cerequio in Barolo, Asili and Faset in Barbaresco, and Rovereto of Gavi. The winery also owns one of the most beautiful estates of the territory, La Court. Here they make Barbera and Nizza DOCG, the newest Barbera appellation to earn DOCG, in 2014. The winery only vinifies native Piedmontese grapes as single-varietal wines, using just Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cortese, and Moscato.
The Classic Tour includes a visit to the winery in Calamandrana, in Monferrato with an itinerary designed for you to discover how the wines of Michele Chiarlo are created, from the techniques used in vinification to the refinement and bottling rooms. The tour concludes with the tasting of 3 wines from the Classic range:
- Gavi DOCG Le Marne: a faithful expression of the finest characteristics of Gavi with its fresh and elegant aromas and the scent of citrus and white flowers.
- Barbera d’Asti DOCG Le Orme “16 mesi”: the Barbera d’Asti ‘par excellence’, expresses red fruits, sapidity and elegance. One of the most popular wines by the glass in Italian restaurants around the world.
- Moscato d’Asti DOCG Nivole: the aromatic notes are highly balanced, the rounded taste and finish which is never too sweet have made it famous in restaurants all over the world.
How to reach us
Booking Policy & Details
Min. 2 persons
How much does it costs?
Classic tour: 16 € per person
- Greetings by the wine hospitality manager
- Tour of the winery
- Wine tasting according the the option chosen