Wine tour & tasting at Michele Chiarlo Winery
Here is what you will live
Located in Calamandrana in the Monferrato area, Michele Chiarlo makes wines from some of Piedmont’s most prestigious crus: Cannubi and Cerequio in Barolo, Asili and Faset in Barbaresco, and Rovereto of Gavi. The winery also owns one of the most beautiful estates of the territory, La Court. Here they make Barbera and Nizza DOCG, the newest Barbera appellation to earn DOCG, in 2014. The winery only vinifies native Piedmontese grapes as single-varietal wines, using just Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cortese, and Moscato.
You can choose among 2 different tours:
The Classic Tour: this tour includes a visit to the winery in Calamandrana, in Monferrato with an itinerary designed for you to discover how the wines of Michele Chiarlo are created, from the techniques used in vinification to the refinement and bottling rooms. The tour concludes with the tasting of 3 wines from the Classic range:
- Gavi DOCG Le Marne: a faithful expression of the finest characteristics of Gavi with its fresh and elegant aromas and the scent of citrus and white flowers.
- Barbera d’Asti DOCG Le Orme “16 mesi”: the Barbera d’Asti ‘par excellence’, expresses red fruits, sapidity and elegance. One of the most popular wines by the glass in Italian restaurants around the world.
- Moscato d’Asti DOCG Nivole: the aromatic notes are highly balanced, the rounded taste and finish which is never too sweet have made it famous in restaurants all over the world.
The premium tour:
You'll discover the heart of Michele Chiarlo wine production, differentiating the differences between wine varieties, zones of production and the terroir; a comprehensive and unique overview of Piedmont. From tradition to innovation, from the hills of Gavi to those of Barbera, from the freshness of Moscato d’Asti to the elegance and power of Barolo.
The visit includes entry to the art exhibition which hosted in the winery. At the end of the visit, you can taste 5 wines which have come to symbolize Michele Chiarlo:
- Gavi DOCG Le Marne: a faithful expression of the finest characteristics of Gavi with its fresh and elegant aromas and the scent of citrus and white flowers
- Nizza DOCG Cipressi: created to express the quintessence of Barbera: elegance and freshness, but with structure and character.
- Piemonte Albarossa DOC Montald: what began as an experimental grape variety is now a Piedmont classic to be rediscovered. A complex and elegant wine, with charming spices and harmonic flavour and a fresh, pleasing finish.
- Barolo DOCG Tortoniano: a great classic Barolo, refined only in large casks. Balsamic notes which combine with the classic spiciness of tradition Barolos.
- Moscato d’Asti DOCG Nivole: the aromatic notes are highly balanced, the rounded taste and a finish which is never too sweet.
How to reach us
Booking Policy & Details
Min. 2 persons
How much does it costs?
Classic tour: 14 € per person
Premium tour: 22 € per person
- Greetings by the wine hospitality manager
- Tour of the winery
- Wine tasting according the the option chosen