About Winery and Wines

Dates back to the beginning of 1950 the acquisition of the land where today Enrico Neri’s winery sits. We are in Bardano, on the outskirts of Orvieto, a town perched on a volcanic rock dedicated to the viticulture tradition since Etruscan times. This is the story of a family’s passion and their dedication to an ancient practise considered one of the oldest in Italy. Committed to this important heritage, the Neri family has decided to live and work in the country. Their wine is the result of this connection between what characterized their life and their devotion to nature.

The entire vineyard lies between 220 and 320 metres above sea level, with favourable vine exposure to optimize the gradual maturity of the grapes. The area is characterised by important temperature variations, with a soil of volcanic origins, rich in clay. These elements contribute to create the ideal environment for the viticulture practise. The vineyard is composed of 80% white grape varieties, such as Grechetto, Procanico, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier and the remaining 20% by red grapes: Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir. The approach in the vineyard integrates tradition and research, with a continuous attention to the needs of the land.