Book an Experience
2 Hours 30 Minutes
2 Hours 30 Minutes
2 Hours 30 Minutes
About Winery and Wines
In 2006 we created a small winery, MAS BLANCH I JOVÉ, in LA POBLA DE CÉRVOLES (Lleida) where we make quality wine under the DO Costers del Segre. The project was nevertheless born much earlier. Our grandparents were passionate farmers who taught us to love, labour and respect the land. They also taught us to enjoy wine. FULL OF LIFE. From this stems our excitement at creating an INHERENTLY PURE AND POWERFUL PROJECT. Our vineyards are located in Les Garrigues, on the western border of the Priorat region, a mountainous area more than 700 meters above sea level.. The uniqueness of the vineyards’ soil, the low rainfall, the ample sunshine and the significant temperature differentials between day and night allow us, following the thorough and meticulous labouring of the land, to obtain a PRODUCT OF EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY. This is our most important secret. The second being not to improvise. All our VINEYARDS ARE ORGANIC. We do not buy grapes from other producers and all our grapes are hand harvested at the perfect moment of ripeness. The result, DELICIOUS ORGANIC WINES. Saó means “perfection, maturity and optimal humidity” in the local Catalan language and it is a word that our grandparents, who came from a very dry area, used very often when the soil had humidity. A very positive word that meant the richness that came with water. The project was born with the help of our friend Josep Guinovart, an internationally renowned Catalan painter and close friend of us. He envisaged THE ARTISTS' VINEYARD, a unique project that contemplates ART AS PART OF THE NATURE and blends theatre, sculptures, poesy, paintings, etc. Several works are permanently exposed in the winery and amid the vines, making the experience of visiting the winery even more special. And that is what we try to do: not just make the best wines that we can obtain from our own vineyards but also to empower a poor territory by creating an artistic heritage while we support local artists.
- Petit Blanc Saó: White Grenache, Macabeu& Viognier. Is our fresher and most tropical wine but with personality and structure.
- Saó Blanc: Macabeu (90%) & White Grenache, fermented and aged in French new oak barrels. The Saó Blanc is special, delicate, intense, complex, clean on the palate and very long. We make only 4.000 bottles of this great wine.
- Saó Rosat: Grenache (65%) & Syrah (35%). Only 4.000 bottles. The Saó Rosat is a fun wine, with great presence of red fruits and a touch of acidity in the end. A very sexy wine.
- Petit Saó: Tempranillo, Black Grenache & Cabernet Sauvignon. Aged 8 months in French and American oak barrels. Fruity, juicy, well balanced, complex & easy to enjoy.
- Saó Abrivat: Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon & Tempranillo. Aged 12 months in French (45%) and American (55%) oak barrels. This wine is round, with a very nice entry on the palate. Very sweet and seductive.
- Saó Expressiu: Grenache, Tempranillo & Cabernet Sauvignon. Grapes from our oldest vineyard. Our best wine, only made in the best years. Aged for 14 months in French oak barrels (85%) and American (15%). Saó Expressiu is an intense wine with a great personality. It is pure elegance.
- Troballa Negra: 100% Grenache. Vineyard at 800m. Aged during 6 months partially in clay jars, partially in stainless steel tanks & partially in French oak barrels. Fresh & balsamic, truly original and explosive wine.
- Troballa Arrels: 100% Grenache. Vineyard at 800m. Without added sulphites. Fruity, intense, full of character.
- Troballa Blanca: 100% White Grenache. Aged during 6 months in concrete & granite eggs. Intense, full bodied, complex.