Book an Experience
About Winery and Wines
Between Certaldo and San Gimignano, the geometries of our vineyards extend over the Tuscan hills, hence earth gives back what has been given to it in sweat and hope, in wisdom and sacrifice.
Our winery starts in the early decades of the 1900s in a small vineyard of about 2 hectares called "Podere dell' Arcangelo" thanks to Giuseppe Mora, who had just emigrated with his family in search of fortune from Marche with the firm desire to own a proper land, free from constraints of servitude that great landowners of the period used to impose.
Thus begins the history and life of Poderi Arcangelo and the Mora family in Tuscany. Then in the 60s and 70s most of our vineyards have been made by the tireless work of Bruno Mora and his wife Maria. Contrary to the general trend that sees countryside depopulated in favour of much better paid factory work, Bruno stubbornly follows his passion for land and keeps planting autoctone grapes such as Sangiovese and Vernaccia di San Gimignano. The winery grows every year as well as the quality of the new wines and the use of modern technologies, but the family philosophy remains the same: from father to son, our way of being winemakers is to "leave the land better than we found it ".
In the year 2000 the wines of Poderi Arcangelo, among the first, obtain the organic certification and the company equips itself with a photovoltaic system for the production of electricity and a phyto-purification system for waste water.
Currently the company has 23 hectares of specialized vineyards and 1800 olive trees, all strictly organic growing. Sandra Mora continues her father's passion for autoctone wines of high quality.
We produce about 130,000 liters of wine per year and makes a selection of 60,000 bottles divided into 9 labels. We are present in the most famous wine guides and our best labels such as the Supertuscan Granbaccano IGT and the selection of Vernaccia San Gimignano "Terra del lago" DOCG have received international awards.
- Vernaccia di san Gimignano DOCG Tradizionale "Primo Angelo" : 100% uve Vernaccia di San Gimignano
- Vernaccia di san Gimignano DOCG Selezione "Terra del Lago" : 90% uve Vernaccia di San Gimignano - 10% Chardonnay
- Vernaccia di san Gimignano DOCG Riserva "PerBruno" : 100% uve Vernaccia di San Gimignano - affinamento in barriques
- Spumante Extra Dry da Uve Vernaccia di San Gimignano "Prima Volta" - metodo Charmat
- Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG : 90% Selezione uve Sangiovese - 10% Colorino
- Chianti Riserva DOCG "Il Cantastorie" : 90% Selezione uve Sangiovese - 10% Merlot, invecchiamento 12 mesi in botte
- Supertuscan IGT "Gran Baccano" : 70% uve Sangiovese - 20% Merlot - 10% Cabernet, invecchiamento 18 mesi in barriques
- Rosato IGT Toscana "Il Giullare" - 60& uve Sangiovese - 40% Canaiolo